While the changes I’ve made in the launcher is invisible to the end user it’s an important update to make the launcher work on picky PCs. First of all it fixes a bug, the update data is no longer moved to the Recycle Bin on Windows 7. Second, the most important change is that it now uses a dll instead of an exe file to apply the memory hacks – hopefully it will now work on all PCs without problems. This change required me to change the auto update system. Because of this, the previous launcher (1.3 upd. 1) and all older versions will use the old update system to update to version 1.3 upd. 2. This is an intermediate version that still using the exe for memory hacks but it has the new auto update system implemented. Using that it should immediately warn you (if enabled) about another update that will update to version 1.4, this version uses the dll to apply the memory hacks. The Force ghost army feature is temporarily disabled as it’s not compatible with the dll at the moment – if for any reason the automatic check still not working for you let us know.
An update is also released for Classic Worlds, changes:
- Level 1 – The Exploration Begins: Minor changes in the Dakini script – unnoticeable to user
- Level 2 – Power of Faith: Preachers teleporting directly to your base removed
- Level 2 – Power of Faith: Added a stone head that gives two shots of Swarm – appears when the connection is restored
- Level 4 – Lightning Eel: Minor changes in the Chumara script – unnoticeable to user
- Level 4 – Lightning Eel: The Dakini Shaman no longer takes part in the first attack
- Level 8 – Legend of Kikikini: Dakini patrol points near the vault changed to prevent Matak constantly swarm them.
- Level 8 – Legend of Kikikini: Chumara no longer sends all people to a point inside their base
- Level 8 – Legend of Kikikini: Fixed a navigation bug for Matak that forced them through a cliff instead of a better walkable path
- Level 8 – Legend of Kikikini: The boat attack is now in an infinite loop – if it fails for any reason (for example the Shaman is dead or busy, not enough boats or Chumara guards kills the Shaman) they’ll try again and again until the erosion is successful.
- Update: Level 4 – Lightning Eel: Fixed a possible hang, reduced the Dakini forces and Firewarriors disabled (upon user requests).
A patch is being prepared for Grass Worlds that adds a beginning FlyBy on all levels and addresses gameplay issues on Forging Alliances, The Traitor and Taitaki’s Introduction, it should be released before the end of the week. It’s suggested that you turn on Auto check for updates in the launcher to be notified immediately. Update: The patch is released, full change log can be viewed on the Survey screen.
The Grass Worlds Beta is about to be closed soon. Don’t worry, as soon as it closes it will be available in the final mappack so you can continue to play after a short download. Please note that games saved in the beta will still work after downloading the final version, however it’ll use the beta scripts as it’s saved into the save game file. This may cause problems with the language file so it’s possible that wrong texts will appear in those saved games.